Signs of Conception
To know if you are pregnant or not you can use a number of methods, here we
briefly describe them.
The signs of conception are the following:
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). This hormone is secreted when a
fertilized egg is implanted in the uterine. You can detect HCG with an
inexpensive home pregnancy test.
- BBT doesn't go down. Your basal body temperature should go slightly
down before menstruation and the next drop of BBT would be in the first days
of a new menstrual cycle. If you are pregnant, then it will stay high or may
become even higher, about 0.3 degree. So some women can see the second surge
of BBT during the cycle, and some just see that BBT doesn't go down.
- Luteal phase is longer than usual. In other words, a new cycle
doesn't begin. If you have identified the ovulation day, and you know the
length of your luteal phase, then you can calculate if period is actually
late. But then again, this method should be used only if you know when
- There are other signs, including breast tenderness, abdominal pain,
sleepiness, irritation, tiredness, and so on, but those listed above are
more objective and give more accurate results. Many women would feel when
they become pregnant because of these changes.
You should not rely on this method for detecting conception, unless you know
for sure when you had ovulation and know what is the length of your second (luteal)
phase. Menstrual cycle consists of two phases, the length of the first may vary,
depending on a number of criteria, while the second is nearly constant. So, if
menstruation is late it can be that the first stage is longer than usual.
Thus, to find out if period is missing due to conception, you need to know
the time of ovulation and how long is the second phase of your cycle.
How to identify menstruation delay and BBT rise
If you regularly chart BBT and other parameters, then you will have enough
information to detect early signs of conception and pick the right time to take
a pregnancy test. You can do that using the Cyclendar.com
online service. It will help you to identify the day of ovulation, calculate
your luteal phase length and determine late menstruation and your BBT patterns.
HCG Test False Positives
There are situations when HCG is secreted due to other reasons (such as the
result of taking hormonal contraceptives or illness), this could lead to a false
positive of a home pregnancy test. So, you need to see other signs, described
above to make sure if you are pregnant.
- Help in getting pregnant
- Forecast ovulation and fertile days, get early signs of conception
- Due date is automatically calculated
- Birth control tool, avoid unwanted conception
- Track your cycle, calculate menstruation days
- Forecast "safe sex" days
- Plan important events: vacations, wedding, trips, etc
- Track your cycle offline with our print-out charts
- Share your information with your partner or with your physician
- Track pregnancy, calculate the date of conception
AB testing tool
| Print directory contents Windows
| Make HTML menu tree
| Free passport photos online
| Links and Resources